[To be published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i)]
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
(Department of Revenue)
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
No. 38/2023 – Central Tax
G.S.R…(E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by section 164 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017), the Central Government, on the recommendations of the Council, hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, namely: —
1. Short title and commencement. -(1) These rules may be called the Central Goods and Services Tax (Second Amendment) Rules, 2023.
(2) Save as otherwise provided in these rules, they shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in rule 9, in sub-rule (1), in the proviso, in the longline, the words “in the presence of the said person” shall be omitted.
3. In the said rules, in rule 10A, for the portion beginning with the words and figure “as soon as may be, but not later than forty-five days” and ending with the words “in order to comply with any other provision” the following shall be substituted, namely:-
“within a period of thirty days from the date of grant of registration, or before furnishing the details of outward supplies of goods or services or both under section 37 in FORM GSTR-1 or using invoice furnishing facility, whichever is earlier, furnish information with respect to details of bank account on the common portal”.
4. In the said rules, in rule 21A
(i) for sub-rule (2A), the following sub-rule shall be substituted, namely:–
(a) a comparison of the returns furnished by a registered person under section 39 with the details of outward supplies furnished in FORM GSTR-1 or the details of inward supplies derived based on the details of outward supplies furnished by his suppliers in their FORM GSTR-1, or such other analysis, as may be carried out on the recommendations of the Council, show that there are significant differences or anomalies indicating contravention of the provisions of the Act or the rules made thereunder, leading to cancellation of
registration of the said person, or
(b) there is a contravention of the provisions of rule 10A by the registered person,
the registration of such person shall be suspended and the said person shall be intimated in FORM GST REG-31, electronically, on the common portal, or by sending a communication to his e-mail address provided at the time of registration or as amended from time to time, highlighting the said differences, anomalies or non-compliances and asking him to explain, within a period of thirty days, as to why his registration shall not be cancelled.”;
(ii) in sub-rule (4), after second proviso, the following proviso shall be inserted, namely: –
“Provided also that where the registration has been suspended under sub-rule (2A) for contravention of provisions of rule 10A and the registration has not already been cancelled by the proper officer under rule 22, the suspension of registration shall be deemed to be revoked upon compliance with the provisions of rule 10A.”.
5. In the said rules, in rule 23, in sub-rule (1), with effect from the 1st day of October, 2023,–
Download full notification: file:///C:/Users/Tax%20Sarthi%203/Downloads/gst-ct-38-2023%20(1).pdf