Entrepreneurial training to youth particularly to young women and SCs/STs
Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises has conducted various entrepreneurial training programmes for the youth including young women and SCs/STs for running small business.
The Entrepreneurship Skill Development Programme (ESDP) Scheme focuses on nurturing the talent of youth by making them aware of various aspects required for setting up an enterprise. It aims to motivate the youth to consider self-employment or entrepreneurship, promote new enterprises, build capacity of existing MSMEs and inculcate entrepreneurial culture in the country. The training provided under this Scheme during 2018-19; 2019-20 and 2020-21 are 9,534 (Women – 2,783; SCs – 914; STs – 351; Others – 5,486), 2,41,589 (Women – 1,03,980; SCs – 13,352; STs – 4,837; Others – 1,19,420) and 27,657 (Women – 13,664; SCs – 1,078; STs – 603; Others – 12,312) respectively. For the next Financial Cycle (2021-22 to 2025-26), the Scheme has been restructured with a Budget outlay of Rs. 495 Crores which will cover (i) Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme (EAP); (ii) Entrepreneurship-cum-Skill Development Programme (E-SDP); (iii) Advanced E-SDP; (iv) Management Development Programmes (MDP); (v) Advanced MDP.
Other important entrepreneurial training /skill development programmes of the Ministry are as follows:
- Under the National SC-ST Hub Scheme, skill training/entrepreneurship development programs are organized for aspiring and existing SCs/STs entrepreneurs through various Training Institutions across the country. During the year 2018-19; 2019-20 and 2020-21, a total of 6373, 3362 and 5235 have been trained respectively.
- Under the Coir Vikas Yojana, Ministry also implements Skill Upgradation and Mahila Coir Yojana which imparts training for Women artisans engaged in Coir sector. During the year 2018-19; 2019-20 and 2020-21, a total of 2195, 2075 and 3591 have been trained respectively.
- The Assistance to Training Institution (ATI) Scheme supports training of various trades to Trainings Institutes of the Ministry such as National Small Industries Corporation Ltd (NSIC), National Institute of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (ni msme) and Central Tool Rooms.
- Under the Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) Scheme, all beneficiaries are mandatorily provided with Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP) training through online/offline mode before setting up their units.
- The Ministry through its 18 Tool Rooms and Technical Institutions spread across the country imparts training in the field of Tool making and allied Trades.
This information was given by Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Shri Narayan Rane in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.