Ministry of Finance
The Government has given ‘in-principle’ approval for strategic disinvestment of 28 Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) including subsidiaries, Units and Joint Ventures with sale of majority stake of Government of India and transfer of management control. This was stated by Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs, in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Besides, in certain other CPSEs, policy of minority stake sale without transfer of management control through various SEBI approved methods, are being followed in order to unlock the value, promote public ownership and higher degree of accountability.
The Minister further stated that the Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs (CCEA) is mandated to approve strategic disinvestment of CPSEs. There is no approval yet of the CCEA with regard to strategic disinvestment of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), Container Corporation and Shipping Corporation of India.
Following is the list of 28 CPSEs, Subsidiaries, Units and Joint Ventures for which the Government has given ‘in-principle’ approval for strategic disinvestment:
1. Project & Development India Ltd.
2. Hindustan Prefab Limited (HPL).
3. Hospital Services Consultancy Ltd. (HSCC)
4. National Project construction corporation (NPCC)
5. Engineering Project (India) Ltd.
6. Bridge and Roof Co. India Ltd.
7. Pawan Hans Ltd.
8. Hindustan Newsprint Ltd(subsidiary)
9. Scooters India Limited
10. Bharat Pumps & Compressors Ltd
11. Hindustan Fluorocarbon Ltd. (HFL) (sub.)
12. Central Electronics Ltd
13. Bharat Earth Movers Ltd. (BEML)
14. Ferro Scrap Nigam Ltd.(sub.)
15. Cement Corporation of India Ltd (CCI)
16. Nagarnar Steel Plant of NMDC
17. Alloy Steel Plant, Durgapur; Salem Steel Plant; Bhadrawati units of SAIL
18. Air India and its five subsidiaries and one JV.
19. Dredging Corporation of India
20. HLL Life Care
21. Indian Medicine & Pharmaceuticals Corporation Ltd. (IMPCL)
22. Karnataka Antibiotics
23. Kamrajar Port
24. Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC)
25. Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (REC)
26. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
27. Hindustan Antibiotics Ltd. (HAL)
28. Bengal Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (BCPL)