GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE, DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
NATIONAL ACADEMY OF CUSTOMS, INDIRECT TAXES & NARCOTICS
22nd August, 2019
- Applications are invited from Indian citizens to appear in the online written examination for issuance of license to act as a Customs Broker under Customs Brokers Licensing Regulations (CBLR), 2018, as amended. A copy of the regulations is available at http://www.cbic.gov.in and http://www.nacen.gov.in.
- Complete application is to be submitted in person or by Registered/ Speed Post in Form-A (available in the CBLR, 2018) along with two passport size photos and self attested documents on citizenship (Aadhaar/ Passport/ Voter Card), educational qualification, financial viability and other requirements along with the prescribed fee of Rs.500/- (Rupees five hundred only) to the Principal Commissioner/ Commissioner of Customs/ Commissioner of Customs (Prev), having jurisdiction over the area where the applicant intends to carry on his business from 14.10.2019 to 15.11.2019 up to 06:00 PM. Applications sent by post, in case received after the last date shall not be entertained.
- Before submitting the application, applicant should ensure the completeness of the application. Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected.
- Syllabus of written examination will be as per regulation 6(7) of CBLR, 2018.
- Names of applicants found eligible to appear in examination will be displayed on the notice board and/or website of the respective commissionerate latest by 22.11.2019.
- Information regarding roll number, admit card and examination venue will be made available on the website of CBIC and NACIN under the icon/tab . A link to download the admit card will also be provided therein. Admit cards shall also be sent by email to eligible applicants 15 days in advance before the date of examination. The date and time of written examination shall be 06.03.2020 from 10:30 hrs-13:30 hrs.
- The candidates have the option to answer either in Hindi or in English.
- Successful candidates will be called for an oral examination for which separate communication will be sent.
- In case declarations and information submitted by the applicant are found to be incorrect, the application shall be rejected or license, (if issued) shall be cancelled.
- For any query, please visit the websites (www.cbic.gov.in and http://www.nacen.gov.in)/ contact the nearest Customs Commissionerate/ this office @ e-mail id. firstname.lastname@example.org.