Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Central Board of Direct Taxes
Directorate of Income Tax (Systems)
Notification No.10/ 12019
New Delhi, 04, June, 2019
Procedure for online submission of statement of deduction of tax under sub·section (3) of section 200 and statement of collection of tax under proviso to sub·section (3) of section 206e of the Income·tax Act, 1961 read with rule 31A(5) and rule 31AA(5) of the Income·tax Rules, 1962 respectively
- The provisions relating to the statement of deduction of tax under sub-section (3) of section 200 and the statement of collection of tax under proviso to sub-section (3) of section 206C of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (the Act) are prescribed under Rule 31A and Rule 31AA of
the Income-tax Rules, 1962 (the Rules) respectively. As per sub-rule (5) of rule 31A and sub-rule (5) of rule 31AA of the Rules, the Director General of Income·tax (Systems) shall specify the procedures, formats and standards for the purposes of furnishing and verification
of the statements and shall be responsible for the day to day administration in relation to furnishing and verification of the statements in the manner so specified.
- In exercise of power conferred by sub-rule (5) of rule 31A and sub-rule (5) of rule 31AA of the Rules, the Principal Director General of Income-tax (Systems) hereby lays down the following procedures of registration in the e-filing portal, the manner of the preparation of
the statements and submission of the statements as follows:
- The deductors Icollectors will have the option of online filing of e-TDSfTCS returns through e-filing portal or submission at TIN Facilitation Centres. Procedure for filing e. TDS /TCS statement online through e-filing portal is as under:
a. Registration: The deductor/collector should hold valid TAN and is required to be registered in the e-filing website (https:/Iwww.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.inO as “Tax Deductor & Collector” to file the “e-TDS/e·TCS Return”. In case of an office of the government, the Treasury Officer can register as an ex1ernal agency user.
b. Preparation: The Return Preparation Utility (RPU) to prepare the TDS/TCS Statement and File Validation Utility(FVU) to validate the Statements can be downloaded from the tin·nsdl website (httos:/Iv1Iww. tin-nsdl.comi). The statement is • required to be uploaded as a zip file and submitted using either Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) or Electronic Verification Code (EVC). For DSC mode, the signature for the zip file can be generated using the DSC Management Utility available under Downloads in the e-Filing website
c. Alternatively, dedu<;tor/collector can e-Verify using EVC.
d. Submission: The ded.uctor/collector is required to login to the e-filing web site using TAN and go to TOS …, Upload TOS. The deductor/collector is required to upload the “Zip” file along with either the signature file (generated as explained in para (b) above) or EVe. In case of External agency user, TDS/TCS return can be filed for the deductors/collectors under their jurisdiction using Digital Signature
4. EVC can be generated using one of the following modes:
i. Net Banking – Principal contact person’s net banking login (linked to the
registered PAN) can be used to generate the EVC for the TAN of the
deductor / collector.
ii. Aadhaar OTP – The principal contact person’s PAN can be linked with AADHAAR to use this option.
iii. Bank Account Number – The principal contact person can use his pre validated bank account details to avail this option.
iv. Demat Account Number – The principal contact person can use his pre
validated demat account details to avail this option. This pre generated EVC can be used to e-Verify the TDS return.
- Once uploaded, the status of the statement shall be shown as “Uploaded”. The uploaded file shall be processed and validated. Upon validation, the status shall be shown as either “Accepted” or “Rejected which Will reflect within 24 hours from the time of upload.
The status of uploaded file is visible at TDS -7 View Filed TDS. In case the submitted file is “Rejected”, the rejection reason shall be displayed.
- Business & Industry
- CBIC CIRCULAR
- Central Tax Notification
- Central Tax Rate Notification
- CGST rules 2017
- Companies Court Case
- Companies law
- Companies law notification
- Custom Act
- Custom Notification
- Custom Press Release
- E-Way Bill
- GST Circular
- GST court case law
- GST law
- GST Notifications & Press release
- GST Practitioner
- GST Rates & HSN /SAC Code
- GST Refund
- GST Return
- GST Support Paid Services
- GST updates
- Income tax
- Income Tax Act
- Income Tax Audit
- Income Tax case law
- Income Tax Circular
- Income tax notifications
- Income Tax Press Release
- Income Tax Return
- Income Tax Updates
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Job Post
- MCA Press Release
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Finance
- New GST Return System
- Online Course
- Pen Drive Courses sales
- RBI Notification
- RBI Press Release
- Tally erp 9
- Tally new video
- Tally notes
- Tally question paper
- Tax offence
- TDS Notification
- TDS Rate
- Updates for Companies
- Wages Act
TDS PractitionerProduct on sale
GST Practitioner Exam PreparationProduct on sale
Custom Broker Exam PreparationProduct on sale
Income Tax Practitioner ( Pen Drive Course )Product on sale
GST Practitioner Combo ( Pen Drive Course )Product on sale
GSTp Exam Preparation ( Pen Drive Course )Product on sale
TDS Practitioner ( Pen Drive Course )Product on sale
Tally Prime Course Online CourseProduct on sale
GST Audit & Annual return Online CourseProduct on sale
- Amount borrowed or repaid on hundi.
- Unexplained expenditure, etc.
- CCI approves the acquisition of stake by Axis Bank Limited, Axis Capital Limited and Axis Securities Limited in Max Life Insurance Company Limited
- CCI approves acquisition of a minority stake in Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited (ABFRL) by Flipkart Investments Private Limited (FIPL)
- Unexplained expenditure, etc