invitation to contribute articles for ICAI International Conference “Accountancy Profession: Catalyzing Reforms, Creating Values” on December 6-7, 2019 at Mumbai
ICAI is organizing its flagship event the ‘ICAI International Conference’ on the theme “Accountancy Profession: Catalyzing Reforms, Creating Values”, on 6th and 7th December 2019 at the National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA), Mumbai. The International Conference would be a conglomeration of finance professionals ranging from policy makers, Industry experts, business leaders and leading academicians and would dwell upon issues emerging out of business, regulatory and technology landscape and their imperatives for the accountancy profession. Members are encouraged to submit Articles on the Conference theme or on any of the following session themes:
|Ethics of Ethics – Dealing with Ethical Dilemmas||Accountancy Profession: Meeting Stakeholder’s Expectations|
|Globalization: Advantage India||Understanding Market for Wealth Creation|
|Insolvency – Lessons and Way Forward||Enabling Growth Through Tax Reforms|
|Future Ready Professionals||GST – Way Forward|
|Leading in Digital World through Techno-vation|| |
India’s Growth Story: Towards USD 5 Trillion Economy and Achieving Sustainable Development Goals
SCOPE/COVERAGE OF ARTICLE
The articles received will be reviewed by the Experts/Group to assess the technical aspect and areas of improvements/changes, if any, in the article.
- Originality: The article should be original, i.e. not published/broadcasted/hosted elsewhere including any website. A declaration in this regard should be submitted to the Institute in writing at the time of submission of article.
- Relevance/Usefulness: The article should be:-
- Relevant to a significant number of CAs and allied professionals
- Raise the issues confronting the professionals
- Contribute towards development of practice of professionals or strengthen them for the challenges of competition, globalisation or technology, etc.
- Preferably be helpful to professionals as guide in new initiatives, procedures, etc.
- Practicality: The article should be of practical value to the CAs and allied professionals. Preferably it should have a direction, raise an issue, expose a problem, fill a need or explain a situation relevant to the professionals.
- Interest: The article should have the potential to stimulate a healthy debate among professionals.
- Innovation: It should preferably expose the readers to new knowledge area and discuss a new or innovative idea that the professionals/readers should be aware of. It may also preferably highlight the emerging professional areas of relevance to CAs and other allied professionals.
- Clarity/Readability: The article should be written in clear and concise manner. The language should be simple and grammatically correct, with short sentences. The illustrations and tables used should facilitate the comprehension of points being made in the article.
- Technical Soundness: The article should be technically correct and sound.
FORMAT AND WORD LIMIT:
- Word limit: The length of the article should be 2500-3000 words.
- Executive Summary: The article should also have an executive summary of around 100 words.
- Headline/sub-headline: The main headline of the article should be clear, short, catchy and interesting, written with the purpose of drawing attention of the readers. The sub-headlines should preferably not cross the limit of 20 words.
- Manuscripts: Soft copies of the articles should be submitted through e-mail. The soft copy should be in word (*.doc format) format.
- References: The authors must provide the list of references at the end of article.
- Enclosures: A brief profile of the author, e-mail ID (ICAI email id in case of members), postal address and contact numbers along with his passport size photograph (scanned for e-mail) and declaration regarding the originality of the article as mentioned above should be enclosed along with the article.
- Subject of the e-mail: The subject of the e-mail through which the article is being submitted should mandatorily read as Article for ICAI International Conference 2019
REVIEW AND OTHER PROCEDURES:
- Review Process: As has been mentioned above, the articles received from the authors are generally sent to the experts for vetting and review and to assess the technical aspect and areas of improvements/changes, if any, in the article.
- Copyright Surrender: The authors of the selected articles are required to surrender the copyright of the article in favour of the ICAI in a specific format. The shortlisted articles will be published in the Technical Backgrounder of the Conference or any other publication of ICAI including ICAI journal. Decision of the ICAI regarding Publication/Web hosting of the Article will be final.
- Reward: The Conference registration fees of the authors of the top three articles will be reimbursed and with due acknowledgement at the Conference.
- Deadline & Submissions: The Articles may be submitted latest by November 10, 2019 and should be submitted electronically only at e-mail at email@example.com
For further details please visit http://ic.icai.org/index.php.
For any queries/suggestions please contact:
International Conference Secretariat
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
New Delhi – 110002
Tel: +91 11 3011 0487