Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman announces relief package of Rs 6,28,993 crore to support Indian economy in fight against COVID-19 pandemic
• Rs 1.1 lakh crore loan guarantee scheme for COVID affected sectors
• Additional Rs 1.5 lakh crore for Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme
• Credit Guarantee Scheme to facilitate loans to 25 lakh persons through Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs)
• Financial support to more than 11,000 Registered Tourists/ Guides/ Travel and Tourism Stakeholders
• Free one month Tourist Visa to first 5 lakh tourists
• Extension of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana till 31st March 2022
• Additional subsidy of Rs. 14,775 crore for DAP & P&K fertilizers
• Extension of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) – Free food grains from May to November, 2021
• Rs. 23,220 crore more for public health with emphasis on children and paediatric care/paediatric beds
• 21 varieties of bio-fortified crop for nutrition, climate resilience and other traits to be dedicated to the nation
• Revival of North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation (NERAMAC) with package of Rs 77.45 crore
• Rs. 33,000 crore boost for project exports through National Export Insurance Account (NEIA)
• Rs. 88,000 crore boost to Export Insurance Cover
• Rs. 19,041 crore For Broadband to each Village through BharatNet PPP Model
• Extension of Tenure of PLI Scheme for Large Scale Electronics Manufacturing till 2025-26
• Rs 3.03 lakh crore for Reform-Based Result-Linked Power Distribution Scheme
• New Streamlined Process for PPP Projects and Asset Monetization
Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman here today announced a slew of measures to provide relief to diverse sectors affected by the 2nd wave of COVID-19 pandemic. The measures announced also aim to prepare the health systems for emergency response and provide impetus for growth and employment. Union Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs Shri Anurag Singh Thakur; Finance Secretary Dr T.V. Somanathan; Secretary, DFS, Shri Debashish Panda and Secretary, Revenue, Shri Tarun Bajaj were also present during the announcement of relief package.
Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman announces economic relief package in New Delhi today.
A total of 17 measures amounting to Rs. 6,28,993 crore were announced. These included two measures announced earlier, i.e. the additional Subsidy for DAP & P&K fertilizers, and extension of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) from May to November, 2021.
The measures announced today can be clubbed into 3 broad categories:-
- Economic Relief from Pandemic
- Strengthening Public Health
- Impetus for Growth & Employment
- Economic relief from Pandemic
Eight out of 17 schemes announced here today aim at providing economic relief to people and businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Special focus is on health and reviving travel, tourism sectors.
Download full notification PIB1730963