[TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, PART II, SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (i)]
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
(Department of Revenue)
[Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs]
Notification No.04 /2018 – Integrated Tax
New Delhi, the 31st December, 2018
G.S.R.- (E). – In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (3),(7) and (11) of section 12 and sub section (7) of section 13 read with section 22 of the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act , 2017 (13 of 2017), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules to further amend the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, namely:-
- Short title and commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Integrated Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Rules, 2018.
(2) They shall be deemed to have come into force on the 1st day of January, 2019.
- In the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in rule 3 in clause (h), after the words “in the case of advertisements over internet” the words “the service shall be deemed to have been provided all over India and” shall be inserted.
- In the said rules, after rule 3, the following rules shall be inserted, namely: –
- The supply of services attributable to different States or Union territories, under sub section (3) of section 12 of the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (hereinafter in these rules referred to as the said Act), in the case of
(a) services directly in relation to immovable property, including services provided by architects, interior decorators, surveyors, engineers and other related experts or estate agents, any service provided by way of grant of rights to use immovable property or for carrying out or co-ordination of construction work; or
(b) lodging accommodation by a hotel, inn, guest house, homestay, club or campsite, by whatever name called, and including a houseboat or any other vessel ; or
(c) accommodation in any immovable property for organising any marriage or reception or matters related thereto, official, social, cultural, religious or business function including services provided in relation to such function at such property; or
(d) any services ancillary to the services referred to in clauses (a), (b) and (c), where such immovable property or boat or vessel is located in more than one State or Union territory, shall be taken as being in each of the respective States or Union
Please Download and read full notification