1. What is Form GST PMT-09?
Form GST PMT-09 is a form which enables you to perform intra-head or inter-head transfer of amount available in Electronic Cash Ledger. It facilitates a registered taxpayer to transfer any amount of tax, interest, penalty, fee or others to the appropriate tax, interest, penalty, fee or others head under IGST, CGST, SGST/UTGST and Cess which is available in the Electronic Cash Ledger.
2. From where can I file Form GST PMT-09?
To file Form GST PMT-09, navigate to Services > Ledgers > Electronic Cash Ledger > File GST PMT-09 For Transfer of Amount option.
3. Is there any Offline Tool for Filing Form GST PMT-09?
Currently, Form GST PMT-09 can be filed through online mode only.
4. Can I select more than one major/minor head while filing Form GST PMT-09?
Yes, you can select more than one major/minor head while transferring amount from one head to another, one at a time while filing Form GST PMT-09.
Previewing and Signing Form GST PMT-09
5. Can I preview Form GST PMT-09 before filing?
Yes, you can view/download Form GST PMT-09 in PDF format before filing on the GST Portal.
6. What are the modes of signing Form GST PMT-09?
You can file Form GST PMT-9 using DSC or EVC.
(a) Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) are the digital equivalent (that is electronic format) of physical or paper certificates. A digital certificate can be presented electronically to prove one’s identity, to access information or services on the Internet or to sign certain documents digitally. In India, DSC are issued by authorized Certifying Authorities.
The GST Portal accepts only PAN based Class II and III DSC.
To obtain a DSC, please contact any one of the Authorised DSC-issuing Certifying Authorities: http://www.cca.gov.in/cca/?q=licensed_ca.html
(b) Electronic Verification Code (EVC)
The Electronic Verification Code (EVC) authenticates the identity of the user at the GST Portal by generating an OTP. The OTP is sent to the mobile phone number of the registered mobile phone of Authorized Signatory filled in part A of the Registration Application.
Post Filing of Form GST PMT-09
7. What will happen once Form GST PMT-09 is filed?
After Form GST PMT-09 is filed:
• ARN is generated on successful filing of Form GST PMT-09.
• An SMS and an email is sent to the taxpayer on his registered mobile and email id.
• Electronic Cash ledger will get updated after successful filing of Form GST PMT-09.
• Filed form GST PMT-09 will be available for view/download in PDF format.
8. Will I get any intimation once I file Form GST PMT-09?
Yes, you will receive SMS and e-mail on your registered e-mail ID and Mobile number, once Form GST PMT-09 is filed.
Viewing Filed Form GST PMT-09
9. From where can I view filed Form GST PMT-09?
To view filed Form GST PMT-09, navigate to Services > Ledgers > Electronic Cash Ledger > View Filed GST PMT-09 option.
10. From where can I download filed Form GST PMT-09?
To download filed Form GST PMT-09, navigate to Services > Ledgers > Electronic Cash Ledger > View Filed GST PMT-09 > DOWNLOAD GST PMT-09(PDF) option.