Advisory: Update on Enablement Status for Taxpayers for e-Invoicing
It is to inform that as per Notification No. 10/2023 – Central Tax dated 10th May 2023, the threshold for e-Invoicing for B2B transactions has been lowered from 10 crores to 5 crores. This change will be applicable from 1st August 2023.
2. To this effect GSTN has enabled all eligible taxpayers with an Aggregate Annual Turnover (AATO) 5 crores and above as per GSTN records in any preceding financial year for e-Invoicing. These taxpayers are now enabled on all six IRP portals including NIC-IRP for e-Invoice reporting.
3. You can check your enablement status on the e-Invoice portal at https://einvoice.gst.gov.in .
4. It would be in the interest of trade to register and utilize the sandbox testing facility available at the IRP portals. This will help taxpayers to familiarize themselves with the invoice reporting mechanism and ensure a seamless transition to the e-Invoice system.
5. Please note that the enablement status indicated on the e-Invoice portal does not indicate a legal obligation on taxpayers to use e-Invoicing. However, actual liability to generate IRN shall be checked by taxpayers with respect to applicable notification in the light of facts pertaining to them.
6. While the listing of enabled GSTINs is purely based on the turnover criteria reported in GSTR-3B, it is essential for taxpayers to confirm whether they fulfil the conditions outlined in the notification/rules. Thus, it is the legal responsibility of the concerned taxpayer, both buyers and suppliers, to ensure compliance.
7. In case, a taxpayer who is otherwise but not auto enabled on the e-Invoice portal, can self-enable for e-Invoicing using the functionality provided on the portal.
8. GSTN once again emphasises that all eligible taxpayers should familiarize themselves with the e-Invoicing requirements and take the necessary steps to ensure compliance with the new threshold.