Government of India
Ministry of Finance
(Department of Revenue)
[Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs]
Notification No. 03/2019 – Central Tax
New Delhi, the 29th January, 2019
G.S.R……(E). – In exercise of the powers conferred by section 164 of the Central Goods and
Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017), the Central Government hereby makes the following
rules further to amend the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, namely:-
- (1) These rules may be called the Central Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Rules, 2019.
(2) Save as otherwise provided in these rules, they shall come into force on the first day of February, 2019.
- In the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in Chapter-II, in the heading, for the words “Composition Rules”, the words, “Composition Levy” shall be substituted.
- In the said rules, in rule 7, in the Table, against serial number (3), in column (3), for the word “goods”, the words, “goods and services” shall be substituted.
- In the said rules, in rule 8, in sub rule (1),–
(a) the first proviso shall be omitted;
(b) in the second proviso, for the words “Provided further”, the word “Provided” shall be substituted.
- In the said rules, for rule 11, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:-
“11 Separate registration for multiple places of business within a State or a Union territory.-(1) Any person having multiple places of business within a State or a Union territory, requiring a separate registration for any such place of business
under sub-section (2) of section 25 shall be granted separate registration in respect of each such place of business subject to the following conditions, namely:-
(a) such person has more than one place of business as defined in clause (85) of section 2;
(b) such person shall not pay tax under section 10 for any of his places of business if he is paying tax under section 9 for any other place of business;
(c) all separately registered places of business of such person shall pay tax under the Act on supply of goods or services or both made to another registered place of business of such person and issue a tax invoice or a bill of supply, as the case may be, for such supply.
Explanation. – For the purposes of clause (b), it is hereby clarified that where any place of business of a registered person that has been granted a separate registration of the said person shall become ineligible to pay tax under the said section.
(2) A registered person opting to obtain separate registration for a place of business shall submit a separate application in FORM GST REG-01 in respect of such placeof business.
(3) The provisions of rule 9 and rule 10 relating to the verification and the grant of registration shall, mutatis mutandis, apply to an application submitted under this rule”.
please Download read full amendments of cgst rules 2019
- One held by CGST Delhi East officials for availing fake input tax credit of Rs 82.23 crore
- 12th Instalment of Rs. 6,000 crore released to the States as back to back loan to meet the GST compensation shortfall.
- Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman holds Pre-Budget consultation with Finance Ministers of States/ Union Territories (with Legislature) for Budget 2021-22
- Webinar for taxpayers on Recent changes in process of Registration at GST portal in Marathi and Tamil
- Unexplained money, etc
- Business & Industry
- CBIC CIRCULAR
- Central Tax Notification
- Central Tax Rate Notification
- CGST rules 2017
- Companies Court Case
- Companies law
- Companies law notification
- Custom Act
- Custom Notification
- Custom Press Release
- E-Way Bill
- GST Circular
- GST court case law
- GST law
- GST Notifications & Press release
- GST Practitioner
- GST Rates & HSN /SAC Code
- GST Refund
- GST Return
- GST Support Paid Services
- GST updates
- Income tax
- Income Tax Act
- Income Tax Audit
- Income Tax case law
- Income Tax Circular
- Income tax notifications
- Income Tax Press Release
- Income Tax Return
- Income Tax Updates
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Job Post
- MCA Press Release
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Finance
- New GST Return System
- Online Course
- Pen Drive Courses sales
- RBI Notification
- RBI Press Release
- Tally erp 9
- Tally new video
- Tally notes
- Tally question paper
- Tax offence
- TDS Notification
- TDS Rate
- Updates for Companies
- Wages Act