Government of India
Ministry of Finance
(Department of Revenue)
[Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs]
Notification No. 03/2019 – Central Tax
New Delhi, the 29th January, 2019
G.S.R……(E). – In exercise of the powers conferred by section 164 of the Central Goods and
Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017), the Central Government hereby makes the following
rules further to amend the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, namely:-
- (1) These rules may be called the Central Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Rules, 2019.
(2) Save as otherwise provided in these rules, they shall come into force on the first day of February, 2019.
- In the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in Chapter-II, in the heading, for the words “Composition Rules”, the words, “Composition Levy” shall be substituted.
- In the said rules, in rule 7, in the Table, against serial number (3), in column (3), for the word “goods”, the words, “goods and services” shall be substituted.
- In the said rules, in rule 8, in sub rule (1),–
(a) the first proviso shall be omitted;
(b) in the second proviso, for the words “Provided further”, the word “Provided” shall be substituted.
- In the said rules, for rule 11, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:-
“11 Separate registration for multiple places of business within a State or a Union territory.-(1) Any person having multiple places of business within a State or a Union territory, requiring a separate registration for any such place of business
under sub-section (2) of section 25 shall be granted separate registration in respect of each such place of business subject to the following conditions, namely:-
(a) such person has more than one place of business as defined in clause (85) of section 2;
(b) such person shall not pay tax under section 10 for any of his places of business if he is paying tax under section 9 for any other place of business;
(c) all separately registered places of business of such person shall pay tax under the Act on supply of goods or services or both made to another registered place of business of such person and issue a tax invoice or a bill of supply, as the case may be, for such supply.
Explanation. – For the purposes of clause (b), it is hereby clarified that where any place of business of a registered person that has been granted a separate registration of the said person shall become ineligible to pay tax under the said section.
(2) A registered person opting to obtain separate registration for a place of business shall submit a separate application in FORM GST REG-01 in respect of such placeof business.
(3) The provisions of rule 9 and rule 10 relating to the verification and the grant of registration shall, mutatis mutandis, apply to an application submitted under this rule”.
please Download read full amendments of cgst rules 2019
- Government of India and ADB sign $175 million loan to improve connectivity in Madhya Pradesh
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to address the 2nd Edition of IFSCA’s Flagship Event – Infinity Forum 2.0 on December 09, 2023
- Startup India initiative to build a strong ecosystem for nurturing innovation, startups and encouraging investments in the country
- 61st Network Planning Group Meeting under PM GatiShakti
- First Meeting of National Traders’ Welfare Board held
- Budget & Finance Act
- Business & Industry
- Central Tax Notification
- Central Tax Rate Notification
- Companies Article & Updates
- Companies Court Case
- Companies law & Act
- Companies law notification
- Compensation Cess Notification
- COURSE OFFER
- Custom Act
- Custom Notification
- Custom Press Release
- E-Way Bill
- GST Article & updates
- GST Circular
- GST court case law
- GST Practitioner
- GST Press release
- GST Return
- GST Rules & Act
- IGST UTGST/SGST Notification
- Import & Export
- Income tax
- Income Tax Act
- Income Tax case law
- Income Tax Circular
- Income tax notifications
- Income Tax Press Release
- Income Tax Return & Audit
- Income Tax Updates & Articles
- MCA Press Release
- Ministry of Finance
- RBI Notification
- RBI Press Release
- Tally & Busy Notes
- TDS & TCS
- Wages Act